Work with us
Coco Flip is a Melbourne based furniture and lighting design studio, working closely with local manufacturers to produce considered, high quality products for distribution both nationally and internationally. Operating from our studio within The Compound Interest in Collingwood we are a small, family run practice aiming to create and promote authentic, locally manufactured design.
We are currently looking to hire a confident and assertive all-rounder to fill a diverse administrative role as ‘Studio Manager’.
The role is primarily administrative with daily management of enquiries, sales, production, distribution and accounting at its core, but also extending to hands on packaging, visits to manufacturers and engagement with media, promotion & marketing. Applicants will require the ability to manage time independently and to work autonomously, managing the day-to-day running of the business, as well as proactively pursuing new opportunities for business development, media exposure, sales and distribution.
We are seeking a confident, assertive and proactive individual with a passion for design and a willingness to engage with all aspects of our small business. A warm, positive and professional tone is required for daily communication and fastidious attention to detail is essential to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
This is a diverse role and applicants will need to be motivated, efficient and methodical, with acute attention to details and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
While this position will be overseen by the studio directors, much of the time you will be expected to work alone and manage all aspects of the business independently. It is a four-day position, working from 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday through Thursday. The starting salary is 48k per annum (pro rata) + superannuation.
Mandatory skills required:
• Experience in administration
• Proficiency in Mac OSX operating system and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to manage time independently and operate autonomously
• Solid decision-making and problem solving abilities
• Acute attention to detail
• Methodical workflow with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Confidence and assertiveness with a warm professional tone
• A genuine interest in design
Beneficial but not essential:
• Experience in sales and marketing
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in Xero
• A valid drivers license
How to apply:
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) and include the following:
• Name, email, phone number & location
• Cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and why you would excel at it
• CV outlining your previous experience and education
• Earliest availability to start
Applications close at 6pm on Monday 3rd April 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and interviews will be held on Wednesday 5th and Friday 7th April.